DIGITAL PRODUCT DESIGNER
Reporting to - Head of Innovation (Digital), Bauer Media Audio
Bauer Media Audio operates a ‘hub and spoke’ model for digital. The
central digital team supports our country business units with strategy, insight, innovation, product management, technology, IP distribution and support. Our country teams are responsible for local planning, content and commercial delivery. As part of a combined community of digital experts, the teams work in partnership to create outstanding services to our users and deliver commercial success.
As a team we thrive on combining local market excellence with a wider, global perspective.
The Focus of the role
You will be part of a small team which is responsible for increasing the level of Innovation across the Digital Audio side of Bauer Media. You will be responsible for bringing ideas and concepts to life by turning them into navigational/ animated prototypes and testing these in a range of different ways. You will be great at crafting compelling stories which engage stakeholders and persistent in trying to see things through to launch. In order to do this effectively the role requires a self-starter who has a range of different skills at their disposal. This a pivotal role to enable us to understand real user or business problems and design future proofed solutions for the audience of today.
You will be a champion for design-led thinking and will be able to lead others though the process. You will work with teams across our seven territories, working closely with all business units to develop and test concepts. This is a pivotal role that requires a highly collaborative way of working and excellent communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to work autonomously as the one and only Product Designer in the team. Someone who thrives on ambiguity, is insanely curious about how audio and technology plays a part in people’s lives and enjoys proofs of concept will thoroughly enjoy this role.
You will be part of our Central Digital Team, working closely with our experts in Product, Technology, Innovation, Insight and Data -- and report to the Head of Innovation (Digital) for Bauer Media Audio.
- Work on digital-first concept and development projects
- Produce sketched concepts, wireframes, user journeys, personas and navigational or animated prototypes.
- Take an idea and rapidly turn it into a visual Proof of Concept using a variety of tools to shortcut the need for development resources.
- Proactively guerilla test concepts to ensure our audiences are feeding into the design process.
- Break down problems into component parts and be able to identify key data needed to support your decisions.
- Succinctly pitch your work to senior stakeholders.
- Work closely with the dev team to explain ideas and hand over prototypes.
- Ensure dev teams are sufficinetly engaged in the protoyping stage so they feel ownership once its handed over.
- Support the team with storytelling whether that‘s via infographics, videos, illustration or any other skills you may have.
- Help to educate the business on digital ways of thinking such as design sprints, design thinking and hack days.
The Ideal Candidate
- A thirst for technology innovation and a desire to be at the forefront of new thinking.
- Experienced in leading others through a design sprint or hack day.
- An ability to create entertaining experiences using a range of prototyping tools.
- Passion for digital audio and radio.
- High levels of ambition, grounded in the art of the possible.
- Highly collaborative working style – building trust between different teams.
- Outstanding proactive communication skills – oral and written.
- Commercial acumen.
- Experience in shipping B2C Apps or mobile games.
- Appetite for getting stuck into the detail and taking individual responsibility for ensuring tasks happen.
- Comfortable embracing ambiguity.
- Delivery focused and well organised to deliver to deadlines.
- Positive mindset and willing to challenge the status quo.
Please give examples of projects you have worked on and their impact as part of your application along with your CV.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/