This is a fantastic opportunity to join Bauer Media’s multi-award winning Creative Team in the North as we develop new and exciting audio advertising solutions for clients, both within the region and across the UK.
We are looking for a highly creative individual who excels in bringing ideas to life and is comfortable sharing and presenting their work. When a non-obvious answer or solution is needed, you can be relied upon to find it.
You will have previous script writing experience with commercial audio within a media environment, and have a desire to become an expert in digital audio as well.
We want someone who will maximise the full potential of every advertising brief they receive. Someone who is able to work well as an individual, but also collaborate fully with their team colleagues and the production team.
You will also be an excellent communicator, able to keep both internal stakeholders and external clients up-to-date on the progress of their advertising campaigns.
- Both take and interpret client briefs and develop creative concepts and copy for campaigns.
- Cast campaigns when necessary.
- Work on multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines.
- Work with the RadioCentre Clearance Team to ensure that all work that requires clearance is attained prior to broadcast.
- Involved in client pitches to key accounts across the region.
- Work with the Regional Head of Creative to identify key creative accounts to target to develop a creative strategy to win these accounts.
Campaign creation & management
- Attend client brief-take meetings
- Participate in team brainstorms.
- Attend or lead client pitches.
- Driving value for customers by understanding their needs and producing effective, creative advertising solutions that deliver an ROI
- Building relationships with customers through regular communication, over-delivering on expectations, and building trust.
- Providing industry, product and category specific knowledge through market data and tools provided.
- Utilising Creation Hub as a workflow tool, to log pending and active campaigns, briefing and communicating clearly
with other team members and stakeholders
- Utilising Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint – for video conferencing, client brief takes and presentations, Teams Channels,
archiving and sharing of work.
- Utilising Miro (cloud-based whiteboard app) for brainstorming and presenting campaign concepts and mood boards
- To be visible, active and approachable in your area of the business. Proactively providing support to others, when required.
- Be an ambassador for Bauer, living and breathing the brand’s strategy and values.
- Play the part in implementing the commercial strategy for Bauer.
- Work with your Line Manager to ensure the achievement of revenue targets.
Presentation and Pitches
- Able to create stunning presentations for client pitches. At Bauer our presentations must always be of the highest standard and they will ensure presentations have an outstanding level of attention to details.
- Use the Bauer presentation template to ensure presentations are consistent
- Carefully research and justify ideas within sales pitches. Show clients not only why the idea is great and will meet their requirement but also why it will work.
The Ideal Candidate
• Demonstrable experience as a Creative copywriter in either in a Radio or Creative Agency environment
• Excellent personal workload management
• Excellent self-motivation
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with confident, client-facing presentation skills
• Commercial awareness
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Great teamwork
• Administrative & organisational skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Proof-reading skills and attention to detail
• Must be able to produce creative and original ideas
• Experience in working in a commercial environment with a proven track record in achieving revenue targets
• Experience in writing ads for Digital Audio Platforms (such as Alexa, Google Assistant, Instream)
• Experience in writing / producing content for podcasts
• Experience in using workflow management systems to effectively manage tasks and hit key deadlines.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply please upload a copy of your CV and uploads of your audio showreel and any portfolio work plus a 1 minute video (you can record this on your phone) with you telling us about the thing you are most passionate about.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/