At Bauer Media our purpose is to enrich everyday life. Our customers are the reason we exist. We inform, entertain and inspire them to enrich their world, making each day a little better and supporting them as they organise their lives and discover more. Our content, products and services meet the ever-changing needs of our customers because we understand and care about the communities we serve. We help create a sense of belonging in a world where people are connected around the things they love. Our business is based on passion, trust and excellence.
The Bauer Advertising Mission Statement is simple: “Together, We Create Impact.” Impact for our audiences, and impact for our customers.
The Creative Strategy Team are the expert creative team that exists at the heart of Bauer Advertising, who draw from our network of iconic brands and content creators to deliver stand-out solutions for our commercial partners. We believe that content is content, whether it has been conceived through a straight-editorial route, or via commercial stimulus – our campaigns should enrich the lives of the audience as well as our customers’. They should entertain, engage, inspire and deliver impact.
Insight, instinct and a true understanding of what makes people tick lay at the core of our multiple award-winning creative solutions, influencing our audiences in line with key client metrics.
Bauer Media is a truly multi-platform media owner, with the ability to deliver campaigns across radio, digital, print and events and reach huge, distinct audiences. In order to maintain and expand our vision, it is critical that we build a team of diverse thinkers that are Connected, Bold, Curious and Positive.
There are few teams more dynamic, mutually-supportive and committed to excellence than this one and we searching for someone void of ego but full of passion, with a winning mindset to match, to join our family.
- Challenging and interrogating client briefs.
- Designing creative partnerships and campaigns to run on Bauer Brands in line with client objectives.
- Taking ownership of projects from start to finish, applying instinct & insight at the heart of the response.
- Internal stakeholder management: collaborating with sales, client leads, research teams and building productive relationships with senior brand stakeholders (content directors, editors etc.).
- Galvanizing and engaging teams to develop the ‘big idea’.
- Working with the design team and briefing them for mock-ups etc. at pitch stage, to help you to tell compelling stories that our customers understand – and want to buy.
- Attending client/agency pitches where there is an opportunity to present.
- Demonstrating curiosity for the market and market trends and constantly developing new ways that we can improve our creative offering. E.g. emerging technologies, creative ideas from competitive brands/media and sharing compelling market and consumer insight.
- Engaging the delivery team at execution stage to ensure all pitches are deliverable.
- Being up to date and knowledgeable of all Bauer brands, platforms and audience insight (audience research/ insight etc.)
- Regularly reviewing customer plans, working with the Group Business Directors and Client Leads to ensure we are on track to deliver against them.
- Leading the process to deliver proactive ideas to agreed focus clients within customer plans.
- Planning accuracy: ensuring costs match the proposal before being sent to agency or client and all bespoke costs are approved by production heads and meet profit margins.
The Ideal Candidate
- In line with our values & behaviours our Creative Strategist should have an innate understanding of our audiences and brands and the world at large with the ability to translate that understanding into insights which ignite ideas.
- You must be curious, looking up not down, helping us and our customers to see the world through a different lens. In turn you should be able to apply that perspective to creatively address our customers challenges.
- We are a broad business with multiple divisions. As a creative strategist you need to be a connector linking up our assets and talent internally, inspiring all to work together. An ability to foster great relationships quickly, is desirable.
- As well as internal engagement we are looking for storytellers who can simplify often complex solutions and bring them to life for our customers in a persuasive way, with demonstrable impact. The most challenging part of this role is making complex partnerships, beautifully simple, powerful and exciting.
- Although directly comparable experience is not essential, experience with social, radio and publishing titles is desirable.
- As a team we are all about positive energy and momentum. If you’ve got great ideas, can find the way when others can’t and can do so with passion and a sense of humour, then blimey, you’ll be like Cinderella’s slipper!
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/