Content and Insight Marketing Manager
The Acquisition team sits within the newly formed Customer Marketing team, - the heart of the subscriptions business.
We are a lively, driven bunch of individuals who are smashing targets, innovating in our routes to subscribers and growing our area of the business.
This newly created role will oversee key data driven, marketing content initiatives across multiple platforms, channels and formats, supporting in strategic development plans that drive subscriptions, engagement and positive customer behaviour
This role sits within the Customer Marketing Team and works closely with our Editorial, Data Operations and Digital teams. It requires collaboration with all Customer Marketing functions to deliver an effective data driven, content marketing strategy for key brands in order to meet the business needs at the lowest possible cost.
You would require a mindset that identifies, creates, and captures our target audience through surfacing timely, content that they are searching for whilst optimising towards the path to conversion – through audience and content insight.
You’ll be customer obsessed and will also play a key role in the overall stewardship of the Customer Marketing team and its culture, acting as a role model for collaboration and leadership for others.
The main focus of this role will be to drive and deliver the Content Marketing plan for key brands to enhance engagement and interaction with our brands building direct customer relationships as we transform our product proposition. Other responsibilities are;
- Work with insight to plan content campaigns across the funnel
- Utilise internal insight to understand audiences and what content is working where
- Work with the data team to ensure all elements of the data strategy are encompassed in all content strategies
- Create a test plan to enable content optimization based on audience engagement
- Create engagement KPIs by brand
- Work with Audience Team to ensure all elements of
- Utilise tools such as SEMRush, GA and media platforms to pull and monitor insight for campaigns and planning
- Work with the team to create and implement the content strategy to drive awareness and engagement across the Bauer brands
- Own customer marketing organic social, supporting across all brands to drive top of the funnel brand engagement
- Own the customer marketing strategy for content streaming
- Utilise paid media to engage audiences across multiple different touch points across the funnel
- Work closely with Marketing Managers and Customer Acquisition Team to ensure campaigns are produced and executed successfully
- Develop and write key messages, across multiple platforms and content type
- Develop content and messaging for engagement
- Provide content counsel and hands-on support to the Customer Marketing Team
The Ideal Candidate
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience of multi-media Content strategy creation through insight produced and implemented to an agreed timeline with evidenced examples of projects
- Able to work fast in a dynamic environment – demonstrated through the ability to juggle multiple projects consecutively
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders demonstrated with evidence in fostering and maintaining effective relationships
- Experience of creating content for the web and social channels
- Content development, distribution, and measurement
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.