Commercial Marketing Executive
The Commercial Marketing team is a B2B marketing team responsible for marketing Bauer Media Advertising & its services to current & potential advertisers across Bauer Media brands and platforms. This involves a wide range of marketing and comms activity from events and corporate hospitality to PR and thought leadership, to creating sales messaging and collateral. In everything we do, our ambition is to help deliver our advertising revenue target and build on our reputation for excellence and to do this it is critical that we build a team that reflect our values of Positive, Bold, Curious and Connected
Bauer Media Advertising needs to stand out from our competitors with a consistent, strong identity that captures the dynamism of our influential & iconic media brands. The Commercial Marketing Executive helps deliver this identity across all communications & collateral used by our sales team working with key advertisers & agency contacts.
- To understand the commercial marketing strategy and ensure core values and brand statements are reflected in all marketing activity.
- Responsible for the up-keep and implementation of Bauer’s collateral; including but not limited to media packs, creds decks and case studies.
- Help develop, implement and manage any campaigns or trade events as requested.
- Deliver all marketing activity on time and within budget
- Be the marketing lead and “go to person” for the CRM system to benefit trade comms and hospitality, including the delivery of the Bauer trade newsletter.
- Work with the Commercial Marketing Manager and Senior Communications Executive to deliver key messages and communications for key activity. Including (but not limited to) Rajar, ABC, product launches, acquisitions, partnerships and thought leadership.
- Work with the Commercial Marketing Manager to develop the CRM strategy.
- Work with the wider advertising team to understand key issues and assist where necessary.
- Work with the commercial marketing manager to produce a bank of case studies and ensure it is regularly updated.
- Work with the team, including design, to maintain the trade site bauermedia.co.uk - including updating brand pages, uploading stories and case studies. Ensure imagery is regularly updated. Train new users on the site, be the ‘go to’.
- Brief the design team and video team regularly to produce sales collateral and marketing communications. Including but not limited to media packs, one pagers, creds decks, sizzle reals and case studies.
- Will be expected to project manage and lead on some campaigns, partnerships and events.
- Will be expected to understand how the full marketing team operates to assist as needed on other projects (e.g. PR/ events/ holiday cover).
- Stay on top of current trends, news and best practice in the marketing, advertising and media industry.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience in a marketing role.
- Strong understanding of B2B with media and/ or digital sector experience an advantage.
- Experience delivering various marketing communications.
- Excellent understanding of social media strategy and experience delivering social media strategy.
- Highly organised, adaptable and able to manage a large and varied workload.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Solutions orientated and positive “can do” attitude.
- Thinks creatively and proactively.
- Ability to produce accurate work when under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to absorb knowledge and information quickly.
- Excellent team player and ability to work effectively across multiple teams.
- Reliable and accurate with excellent attention to detail.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
To apply please upload a CV and Cover Letter outlining why you would be perfect for this role!
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/