Bauer Outdoor talks to a wide range of outdoor enthusiasts – golfers, anglers, walkers, mountain climbers, adventurers and gardeners. Our team connects’ brands to this active and passionate audience via a large number of media platforms. We are a highly motivated team that go above and beyond demonstrating our core team values of teamwork, ambition creativity, expertise and resilience.
Working primarily across the Garden portfolio, the role definition is to identify customers’ marketing and advertising needs and goals using a consultative approach and provide the right commercial solutions to match their marketing and business objectives in line with your market/title strategy. In essence particular attention should be given to customer focus, team, titles, market and financial management.
In addition to the Garden portfolio your will have ambition to run a project that will go across the Bauer Outdoor sector. Using all of our brands assets identify an area, market or growth opportunity to extend across the portfolio.
- Achieving revenue and yield targets and driving those of direct reports and overall team
- Delivers accurate personal, team and product forecasting
- Takes ownership of a set product/market/portfolio and over achieves on activity requirements set by the Commercial Director in order to manage the full sales cycle from start to finish
- Growing customer spend by managing existing customers and creating new opportunities
- Drives own activity levels, arranging and setting a key number of face-to-face client meetings based on customer numbers
- Drives the activity levels of the team
- Acts as an exemplary to direct and indirect reports within the commercial teams
- Ownership of a set number of ‘Key’ accounts within your market - determined by spend and brand authority
- Understands market conditions and competitive forces, cascades this down using excellent communication skills to direct reports and other relevant parties
- Understanding and delivering additional advertising solutions based on trends within the industry
- Keeping accurate customer records using internal CRM system
- Leading and contributing to sales/brand/market/editorial meetings
- Is the face of the market being represented – is the key link between our key accounts and our editorial/marketing teams
- Manages and leads the team in the absence of the Commercial Director
- Managing brand specific Key Account staff and directing telesales managers within Bauer Direct where appropriate
- Compliance with relevant data protection guidelines
The Ideal Candidate
- Commercial & Customer Focus
- Influence & Selling
- Drive and resilience
- Analysing and providing solutions
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.