12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The small charity team are passionate and driven about the children we want to help throughout the year. The North West charity team work closely together, and Rock FM Cash for Kids also work alongside the whole Rock FM team.
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can communicate with people at all levels and is a great administrator and relationship builder. You will be required to establish relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and externally. You should have excellent sales and presentation skills. Ideally the candidate will have extensive local corporate contacts and be able to demonstrate how these relationships will be beneficial. You must be passionate about making a difference in the local community.
- Be responsible for delivering the strategy, planning and day to day management of the charity.
- Responsible for achieving agreed fundraising targets through the effective implementation of high profile events and campaigns in the plan.
- Manage one Charity Fundraising Executive ensuring they deliver their KPI’s.
- Research, identify and develop new fundraising opportunities and areas of potential support, with new corporate partners whilst maintaining relationships with current supporters including identifying high net worth supporters and corporate contacts
- Assess the potential of all fundraising activity and propose strategies for their management and development to ensure that fundraising is maximised
- Develop the charity as an integral part of the business
- Create and implement tactical PR plans for the charity
- Administer and advise on all future grant applications prior to Local Executive Board assessment
- Work closely with all station stake holders to work as active project teams to ensure effective delivery of on-air appeals
- Recruit, manage and maintain a volunteer base
- Building and maintaining profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with corporates and potential donors across the Rock FM transmission area.
- Liaising with fundraisers, beneficiaries and radio personnel to ensure smooth running of all fundraising activities
- Maximise fundraising potential of all events and activities and hit targets.
- Making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort upon the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success
- Raising awareness of the charity and its work
- Providing client management and project co-ordination with colleagues
- Undertaking other duties that might be assigned from time to time
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal & written
- Be energetic, positive, persuasive and enthusiastic, with a hands-on approach and great work ethic
- Proven track record in a sales/corporate environment
- Project Management skills and ability to collaborate with key stakeholders
- Be able to prioritise work effectively with maximum impact on cash growth
- Have the ability to work on own initiative
- Have flexibility to work evenings/weekends when required.
- Be a holder of a current, full clean UK driving licence
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, 365 Teams, Outlook & presentation systems
- Have a solid knowledge of all modern Social Media networking tools and able to use them effectively
- Be a team player - to develop a good working relationship with the charity team, wider radio station teams and national charity team
- Experience of either charity fundraising, events, or marketing/PR is advantageous
- Presentation and sales skills are essential
- Have a passion and vision to develop this role
- Have a good personality, confidence and sense of humour
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Cash for Kids is the umbrella brand for 22 local children’s charities in the UK. Owned by Bauer Media, we are aligned to the Bauer Radio local radio stations and raise funds to grant to under 18’s who are sick, disabled or underprivileged.
For more information about us please find our website on https://cashforkids.org.uk/
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.