Reporting to the Regional Charity Manager for the West of Scotland, you will be responsible for two key areas: Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway. Working closely with your own team, the wider Scotland team and the UK. You will also be working with all the radio teams to engage with the audiences to generate awareness and funds.
The Charity Manager will be required to develop the charity as an integral part of the business, building and maintaining profitable, long-term funding relationships with Corporates; and establish relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and externally across the areas of Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway. The ideal candidate will have extensive local corporate contacts and be able to demonstrate how these relationships will be beneficial. Networking will be a major part of this role in order to recruit companies to adopt Cash for Kids in the Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway area.
- Be responsible for delivering the strategy, planning and day to day management of the charity.
- Responsible for achieving agreed fundraising targets through the effective implementation of high-profile events and campaigns in the plan.
- Research, identify and develop new fundraising opportunities and areas of potential support, with new corporate partners whilst maintaining relationships with current supporters including identifying high net worth supporters and corporate contacts.
- Liaising with fundraisers, beneficiaries and radio personnel to ensure smooth running of all fundraising activities and campaigns.
- Maximise fundraising potential of all events and activities and hit targets.
- Raising awareness of the charity and its work.
- Providing client management and project co-ordination with colleagues.
- Undertaking other duties that might be assigned from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate a proven track record and experience of building, developing and managing key relationships including people management and/or leading a team
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal & written
- Be energetic, positive, persuasive and enthusiastic, with a hands-on approach and great work ethic
- Proven track record in a sales/corporate environment
- Project Management skills and ability to collaborate with key stakeholders
- Be able to prioritise work effectively with maximum impact on cash growth
- Have the ability to work on own initiative
- Have flexibility to work evenings/weekends when required.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, 365 Teams, Outlook & presentation systems
- Have a solid knowledge of all modern Social Media networking tools and able to use them effectively
- Be a team player - to develop a good working relationship with the charity team, wider radio station teams and national charity team
- Experience of either charity fundraising, events, or marketing/PR is advantageous
- Presentation and sales skills are essential and must be demonstrated
- Have a passion and vision to develop this role
- Have a good personality, confidence and sense of humour
- A background in fundraising is preferable as is living within the key areas your will cover - West FM Cash for Kids (Ayrshire) or Westsound Cash for Kids (Dumfries & Galloway)
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
To apply please submit your CV and a Cover Letter outlining why you would be perfect for the role. If you would like to have an informal chat about the role prior to applying, please get in touch with Grace Reilly on 07593133763
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/