Charity Fundraising Executive
Cash for Kids is the umbrella brand for 22 local children’s charities in the UK. Owned by Bauer Media, we are aligned to the Bauer Radio local radio stations. Downtown and CoolFM’s Cash for Kids is a grant-giving charity helping the children that need it most across Northern Ireland.
Our mission is to improve the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in our communities who are affected by poverty, illness, neglect or have additional needs. We believe that all children should be able to express their individuality, achieve their potential and live life to the full. We work with grassroots organisations that aim to make a difference to young lives, directly supporting families who often have nowhere else to go.
Reporting to the Charity Manager you will be working within the lively and stimulating atmosphere of a busy radio station.
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can communicate with people at all levels and is a great administrator, with experience in digital and social media content generation. You will be required to establish relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and externally. You should have excellent sales and presentation skills.
- Networking will be a major part of this role in order to recruit companies, groups, schools and individuals to support Cash for Kids Northern Ireland.
- Be responsible for your own set of KPI’s and delivering financial targets.
- Work with the Charity Manager to deliver on and off-air Cash for Kids activities and events.
- You will be required to establish relationships with all key stakeholders (both internally and externally) including fundraisers, beneficiaries and radio personnel to ensure the smooth running of all fundraising activities.
- Develop sustainable Partnerships with local businesses, schools and nurseries; working with them to develop fundraising campaigns in line with agreed KPIs. Creating fundraising pages, Peer to Peer campaigns, Text to Win competitions etc.
- Support and participate in planning processes and procedures for new event ideas, digital fundraising ideas and engaging content to share with our donors and able to identify, create and edit strong fundraising content online and on air.
- Be responsible for the creation and execution of Social Media content (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) to engage and communicate with supporters.
- Highly IT literate – proficient in use of all Microsoft Office. Comfortable creating engaging presentations and delivering to potential donors both face to face or virtually using Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
- Assist the Charity Manager with the day to day running of the charity, involving administrative and financial tasks including assisting with the grant applications process.
The Ideal Candidate
- Organised, accurate and thorough with excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook & presentation systems.
- Have a solid knowledge of all social media engagement tools and be able to create and execute effective content.
- Be energetic, positive, enthusiastic, with a hands-on approach and great work ethic.
- Proven track record in a sales/corporate environment and the ability to collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Have flexibility to work evenings/weekends when required.
- Be a team player- to develop a good working relationship with the charity team, wider radio station teams and national charity team.
- Have a passion and vision to develop this role.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Cash for Kids is the umbrella brand for 22 local children’s charities in the UK. Owned by Bauer Media, we are aligned to the Bauer Radio local radio stations and raise funds to grant to under 18’s who are sick, disabled or underprivileged.
For more information about us please find our website on https://cashforkids.org.uk/
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN