Charity Fundraising Executive (Midlands) Cash for Kids
Cash for Kids is the in-house charity of Bauer Media in the UK.
Our mission is to improve the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in our communities who are affected by poverty, illness, neglect or have additional needs. We believe that all children should be able to express their individuality, achieve their potential and live life to the full. We work with grassroots organisations that aim to make a difference to young lives, directly supporting families who often have nowhere else to go.
Working closely with our colleagues in both the radio & publishing divisions of Bauer, we fundraise all year round to enable us to award grants to help those most in need.
Cash for Kids has local fundraising teams in 22 locations across the UK, together with a small central team based in the North East. We’re a passionate, fun, close-knit team, committed to helping children & young people who need us now more than ever.
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter with excellent communication & organisational skills and some previous project/event management experience.
You will build local relationships with businesses & community groups as well as organise and deliver fundraising events throughout the year. Project managing our annual Mission Christmas campaign in the East Midlands is a major part of this role.
You will feel comfortable establishing relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and externally via networking (both in-person & virtually) and be an important brand ambassador for the charity in the local area.
Whilst primarily working in the East Midlands region, you will also be required to work on Midlands wide projects where necessary.
Building & maintaining relationships is central to everything that we do at Cash for Kids. Whether that is internally with our Bauer Media colleagues, with our Cash for Kids team across the country or externally with local businesses, community groups, individual fundraisers or the beneficiaries whom we support.
As our Charity Fundraising Executive you’ll be building new relationships and developing existing ones across the East Midlands.
You’ll be responsible for;
- Assisting the Regional Charity Manager with the day to day running of the charity, performing key administrative & financial tasks (including banking procedures, recording all financial transactions, chasing outstanding donations) and assisting with the grant applications process.
- Developing & delivering fundraising campaigns & events.
- Seeking out new partnership opportunities with local businesses, schools, universities and community groups.
- Developing & building existing partnerships & maintaining strong communication with fundraisers.
- Planning and delivering our biggest campaign of the year – Mission Christmas. This will challenge your organisational, logistical & relationship skills to the maximum.
- Ensuring that Cash for Kids remains ‘front of mind’ and an integral part of the Bauer Media business locally.
- Making Cash for Kids famous in the area by seeking out media partner & influencer partnership opportunities.
- Keeping the local Cash for Kids website & social media platforms updated with news stories & engaging content.
- In this role you will be responsible for your own set of KPIs and delivery on financial targets.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a busy role that requires you to be creative, organised, passionate, enthusiastic, driven, committed and not afraid to speak up. But it’s a role where you’ll be rewarded with real first-hand experience of what a difference Cash for Kids makes to children & young people in the local community.
To really help us make a difference you’ll be;
- Organised, accurate and thorough with excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Energetic, enthusiastic, confident, with a hands-on approach and great work ethic.
- Able to work on your own initiative.
- Flexible to work evenings/weekends when required.
- A team player; developing excellent working relationships internally and externally.
- Passionate & have a vision on what unique qualities you can bring to this role.
- A holder of a current, full clean UK driving licence.
- Knowledgeable in social media platforms and able to use them effectively.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Cash for Kids is the umbrella brand for 22 local children’s charities in the UK. Owned by Bauer Media, we are aligned to the Bauer Radio local radio stations and raise funds to grant to under 18’s who are sick, disabled or underprivileged.
For more information about us please find our website on https://cashforkids.org.uk/
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.