CRO Manager - Maternity Cover
The Acquisition Team is a large team that sits within the wider UK Customer Marketing Team. Our primary role is to market both our magazine subscription and membership propositions across multiple marketing channels and platforms. We are a creative and dynamic team who pride themselves on our ability to be reactive, work together and strive for excellence. We are a friendly and welcoming team located across both the London and Peterborough UK offices.
The Focus of the Role:
Under the direction of the Group Marketing Operations Manager and the leadership team, the focus of your role will include the day to day management and optimization of the ecommerce platforms for magazine Subscriptions and Memberships.
You will be responsible for ensuring the platforms are working effectively, testing the user experience constantly to ensure the site is secure and encourages the best possible customer experience. You will work closely with the product and tech teams to maintain and enhance the platforms, including working with them to build and test new and existing customer journeys.
- Effectively Manage and develop the Junior Web Designer
- Use Analytics to define and implement your UX strategy, optimising the customer experience in order to sell more products and increase revenues.
- Use Analytics to identify areas of concern and improvement, feeding these insights into your CRO strategy which you will prioritise based on the biggest opportunities.
- Create a working hypothesis for each of your tests, including the management of any testing platforms you wish to use
- Effectively monitor and report on your test results making recommendations to further the tests or implement the changes
- Ensure the site content is relevant and updated as necessary, supporting both the Direct Marketing Team and Brand Teams on their product & sales strategies
- Manage the front end development of the Ecommerce website where possible, and liaise with both the internal and external development teams where necessary to ensure the best possible site experience
- Effectively manage the SEO on the Ecommerce website, creating a working plan to ensure the site is optimised at all times. Work with SEO agencies to make recommendations and implement SEO reporting
- Manage the Upsell/Xsell functionality and make recommendations to increase sales.
- Mange the onsite abandonment functionality, including any external suppliers, campaigns, creative and implementation
- Support the GMOM with the higher level discussions around site security, back end development of the site, External supplier management, calls & testing
- Support the partnerships managers with partner relationships, implementing CJ improvements. Focus on the UX journey, providing a plan and making recommendations for improvement
- Work with the external teams to ensure stock and quantity of stock is effectively managed
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient with web / mobile development processes and able to work unassisted with HTML, CSS & jQuery
- Proficient in Google Analytics
- Experience of Management of the CMS systems (Magento and/or other platforms)
- Web Design competency
- Experience of management of testing processes
- Well versed in Conversion rate optimisation
- Ability to create and manage a CRO strategy
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work-streams
- Great organisation, Planning and Execution skills
- Innovation in the field of online
- People management experience or willingness to train
- Effective time management
- Excellent communication internally and externally
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development (Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.