Broadcast Journalist – Reporter - Maternity Cover
You will work closely not only with the news team in the region you serve, but also with our news network across England and the UK. You will be joining a passionate, hard-working team who care deeply about keeping our listeners up to date. You must have a genuine interest in news, current affairs and sport to fit this role. News never stops and is a huge part of Bauer’s daily output, keeping our radio stations connected to the communities we broadcast to.The focus of your role
Bauer Radio News is looking for a Broadcast Journalist to join our award-winning UK-wide news team. This role has multi-media reporting in the East Midlands patch as its focus, but you can also expect to be involved in news reading and bulletin editing on occasion depending on your experience.
The successful candidate will be a talented reporter with an excellent broadcast voice, capable of building contacts and unearthing quality news stories from the patch.
- Plan, source and deliver news stories from across the East Midlands into our regional station Gem as well as the wider network and national brands such as Magic, KISS and Absolute Radio.
- Produce content on each story for on-air, the news pages of our website and our social media channels.
- Have sharp enough judgement to be across the news agenda and react to breaking news in your patch.
- Report from the scene of news events across all platforms.
- Work with other team members across England and the UK to maintain news diaries and plan ahead to enhance our news output in all day parts.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have a great voice and the passion and ability to react to breaking news and uncover original stories across the news patch, working across a range of on-air, online and social platforms.
- You will be able to work calmly and accurately and will ensure everything you broadcast or put on social media is legally sound, Ofcom compliant, accurate and balanced.
- You should be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and experience of modern audio/video broadcasting platforms and how they can assist our teams in delivering news content to a wide range of audiences.
- You should be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the kinds of stories which will resonate with our local audiences.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.