Broadcast Engineers are key members of the Bauer Media Audio team. They not only support our FM, AM, DAB and IP transmission chains, they also look after our studios, our video and our playout systems. They are the people that staff turn to when something needs to get done.
We are looking for someone to join the North West team, this role could be suitable for someone looking to make a career in Broadcast Engineering and interest and willingness to learn are as important as existing experience. The role is based in Manchester but will also involve supporting the broadcast technology at Radio City in Liverpool, with ad hoc support at other broadcast centres in the North as required.
Your role is to provide broadcast engineering and technical support to our users. You will work in a team of other Broadcast Engineers and must be committed to high levels of service and quality, you will be required at times to work outside standard office hours, as part of the team supporting a 24*7 operation. You’ll get a kick out of technology and will love working in the fast paced environment of radio. You’ll enjoy looking after our users as well as implementing and supporting elegant technical solutions. Helping people will not be a chore for you; it will be why you get out of bed each morning.
You’ll work closely with other members of the Radio Technology team and other technology teams within Bauer to ensure that:
- Broadcast faults are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Maintenance procedures are created and implemented to ensure the highest possible availability for our brands.
- Systems are thoroughly documented
- Users are trained on how to use key applications and systems.
- Work is conducted thoroughly, neatly and methodically at all times
- Outside broadcasts are successfully delivered by liaising with teams to choose appropriate technology and ensure high quality broadcast from remote locations.
The Ideal Candidate
- An interest in audio systems and equipment such as mixing desks, computer playout systems (eg. RCS Zetta would be a big advantage)
- An interest in IT systems including PCs/laptops, Windows, popular software packages and networking principles
- An interest in Electronics Maintenance such as soldering/fault finding
- A willingness to turn your hand to whatever job needs to be done
You might not have any relevant work experience under your belt but you will be able to demonstrate an interest in broadcast engineering. You will be keen to learn new skills.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development (Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/