Bookings Director - Grazia
Topical, informative and smart, Grazia is the home of this week’s biggest news stories and talking points as they happen, smart shoppable fashion, the most up-to-date trends from the runway, red carpet and the street.
The main focus of the role of Bookings Editor is to be responsible for producing/co-ordinating all main fashion and cover shoots for Grazia UK, including beauty and special projects.
Reporting directly to the Fashion Director, you will be commissioning photographers, casting models, booking hair and make-up, sourcing locations, arranging flights and accommodation for team as well as managing annual shoot budget.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Fashion Director to plan the shoot schedule at the beginning of each season, reporting directly to the Fashion Director
- Collaborate with the Fashion Director, Creative Director, Style Director and contributing fashion editors to come up with studio/location and story ideas for each shoot, drawing up a list of possible model options, hair/make-up etc
- Work closely with photographers’ agents to secure best shoot dates, keep photographers’ fees within agreed budgets and to make sure edit and final images meet deadlines
- Build and maintain strong relationships with model, hair and makeup agencies to ensure that Grazia is always shooting with the highest calibre of model and HMU possible.
- Regularly analyse media landscape and competitor activity and keep team informed on any standout usage of models/celebrities/photographers etc.
- Work closely with Workflow and subs desk to agree deadlines for each issue. Supply all relevant production credits and check proofs for any errors or omissions
- Work closely with the Travel Editor and travel PR’s to secure deals and special media rates for the Grazia team in order to keep shoot budgets down
- Source potential locations for shoots, working with local producers and location scouts to find the perfect location and props within budget
- Manage the fashion budget, working closely with the Fashion Director and Managing Editor. Be aware of all miscellaneous costs incurred by fashion team in relation to shoots/trips, including; expenses on trips/returns & courier costs and other miscellaneous expenses
The Ideal Candidate
What you will bring:
- Excellent knowledge of a broad spectrum of agents, photographers, make-up artists, hair stylists and continually striving to identify future talent in relation to brand
- Proven experience in magazines/ Bookings or an Industry with closely related roles and a strong network of contacts
- Outstanding organizational skills and good knowledge of photographers and models
- Ability to work well within a team and able to edit and communicate ideas effectively
- Creative, extremely proactive and ability to work effectively and efficiently with a discernible eye for GRAZIA brand values
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.