Beauty Director - Grazia
We know that our readers LOVE beauty and that they’re always on the hunt for the latest game-changing product, treatment or trend. As a fully 360 team, the Grazia Beauty Team work across print, GraziDaily.co.uk and social to create useful, engaging and timely beauty content.
The main focus of this role would be to;
- Oversee the beauty section in mag and online
- Manage the beauty editor, senior beauty assistant and fashion & beauty assistant
- Build a pool of Grazia Beauty voices – writing and commissioning features
- Continue to push the tone and creativity of Grazia Beauty content & ideas
- Working closely with the Head Of Beauty to oversee the fortnightly beauty section in print, ensuring it has a mix of useful, informative, shoppable, trend-led beauty and health features
- Creating mood boards and working closely with the Creative Director, Head Of Beauty, Bookings Director and Style Director on direction, team & execution for main beauty shoots
- Commissioning well-known writers for topical / first-person pieces
- Overseeing the magazine budget for visuals & words
- Regularly writing engaging beauty features – pushing the voices in the section
- Pitching innovative ideas in monthly beauty meetings
- Managing the beauty editor, senior beauty assistant and fashion & beauty assistant – supporting growth and keeping a close eye on workloads
- Editing all copy
- Coming up with playful and shareable visual ideas for still life pages
- Working with marketing on beauty boxes
- Working with the Head Of Beauty on x2 Beauty Issues a year
- Attending daily conference to pitch ideas
- Coming up with original ideas for graziadaily.co.uk. Focusing on original takes that deliver big traffic wins
- Editing all digital beauty content
- Comissioning writers
- Contributing to Grazia evergreen videos / social content
- Work closely with the Head Of Beauty to plan mag content, special issues, digital & social franchises
- Working closely with the Head Of Beauty and the beauty team on commercial events
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to work well within a team and able to edit and communicate ideas effectively
- Strong visual eye for still life and main beauty shoots
- Excellent PR and industry expert contacts
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a discernible eye for GRAZIA brand values
- Confident managerial skills – supporting growth and overseeing workloads
- Extremely creative and confident liaising with photographers and teams for main beauty and still life shoots
- A fresh take on beauty & health writing
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.