Automotive Commercial Content Writer
The Commercial Content Writer is responsible for ensuring that Bauer’s portfolio of automotive sites generates the maximum possible affiliate revenue from its partners. This involves creating content and continually optimising content designed to deliver direct revenue, maximising the audience which sees it and the conversion to a sale.
Reporting into the Commercial Content Editor and working closely with, Audience Development, you will create and execute plans for affiliate led content on our three most important automotive brands www.parkers.co.uk, www.motorcyclenews.com, and www.carmagazine.co.uk then extending beyond these to other titles as our affiliate strategy develops.
Automotive is an exciting new affiliate opportunity for the commercial content team, and the creation of new roles demonstrates our commitment and belief in the quality of our sites to generate revenue within this category.
- Create and optimise content designed to deliver affiliate revenue
- Help grow revenue and affiliate activity across the portfolio of sites
- Research and source new affiliate opportunities
- Work to agreed key performance targets
- Update weekly progress and activity reports for all affiliate content
- Stay up to date with the latest affiliate marketing trends
- Collaborate with the editorial teams to create additional affiliate marketing content
- Continually optimise existing content to maximise traffic and affiliate click-through
- Support meeting the ROI and sales targets through affiliate channels and partnerships
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – including content creation and optimisation
- Strong interest or experience in the automobile and motorcycling industry
- A keen interest in content creation and the wider digital industry
- An understanding of SEO
- Strong people skills
- Desirable – experience in researching and writing automotive content
- Desirable - a working knowledge of affiliate marketing and online partnerships/trends
- Desirable - experience in driving affiliate revenue in an agency/retailer or publisher environment would be a bonus
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.