Audio Sales Coordinator
The advertising team’s vision is to “seamlessly deliver excellence in everything that we do” and all teams are aligned to this one goal with clear team and personal KPI’s. Delivering on this vision requires a culture of excellence where our 4 key values of bold, curious, positive and connected are evident in the behaviours of everyone in the team at all times. Every member of the Bauer Media advertising team from sales through to production is focused on delivering a class leading, seamless experience for our customers across every touchpoint.
The Audio Sales Coordinator will report into the Planning Manager working within an Agency sales team and will be responsible for managing all radio airtime and digital audio briefs across a portfolio of key national agencies. The main purpose of the role is to ensure that we continue to uphold a reputation in the market for delivering unrivalled customer service through the efficient turnaround of briefs whilst using insight and knowledge to provide the best solutions. Enthusiasm and Passion go along way and progression is possible if you have the drive and ambition to succeed.
- Planning, booking and on-going administration of all radio airtime and digital audio campaigns – ensuring they adhere to all parameters within your agency deal(s); and are sold in line with inventory targets.
- Prioritizing and managing workloads to maintain a high level of accurate administration across your portfolio of agencies.
- Keeping up to date with national agency and client spend as well as potential revenue.
- Assisting your Account Manager/Director with reporting.
- Maximizing agency expenditure by questioning all briefs and providing creative and insightful responses in line with their campaign objectives, supported by insight and research.
- Following up all proposals with excellent negotiation skills to ensure that opportunities are maximized for both the agency and the Bauer portfolio.
- Driving key focus areas and sales initiatives across the radio team in order to achieve and exceed set targets.
- Delivering exceptional customer service through the efficient and accurate turnaround of campaigns.
- Providing your agency with competitor reports, programming updates, RAJAR figures and any ad-hoc requests.
- Assisting your Account Manager/Director with producing and presenting Post Campaign Analysis for applicable clients.
- Communicating Bauer’s positioning to your agency group through presentations and meetings, being an advocate for both Bauer Radio and Bauer Media.
- Developing effective working relationships with the rest of the team and other internal departments to ensure clear and consistent communication.
- Supporting other agency groups across the Radio Trading team when needed
The Ideal Candidate
- Live and breathe our values and demonstrate signature behaviours
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a good telephone manner.
- A positive attitude, showing enthusiasm about media sales and Bauer brands.
- Effective time management skills, with great attention to detail.
- A true team-player, but with the ability to be bold and work using own initiative.
- Conscientious – punctual, willing to work hard and go beyond the call of duty with a can-do attitude.
- Naturally curious, enthusiastic and keen to develop within a large company.
- Personable and able to connect with different internal departments as well as clients.
- Good numeracy.
- Basic Excel and Powerpoint skills.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/