Audio Group Head
It’s the Audio Group Head’s responsibility to help our key agency partners navigate and buy into our market leading portfolio of radio brands and audiences easily.
The role is focussed on the Collective agency hub which as the name suggests is a collection of media agencies. The territory consists of Dentsu, Havas, UM, Initiative, The 7Stars and Goodstuff.
The main purpose of the role is to drive revenues through activating the hub agency trading deals by effective airtime trading, creating demand for digital audio via Octave and selling creative/S&P solutions. A central requirement is to help build Bauer’s external reputation by ensuring that we are seen as a dynamic, collaborative, respected partner.
The Audio Group Head reports to the Group Business Director and works closely with the Client Lead(s) and Creative Strategist(s) aligned to the hub to ensure the Customer Strategies and Adventure Process are implemented effectively in relation to audio. They manage and lead the Account Directors and Account Managers within the team and oversee the radio airtime planners.
While airtime trading, digital audio and audio-led creative solutions will be the core focus, the role also heavily involves selling cross-platform partnership opportunities across Bauer’s publishing and event platforms. Furthermore, as the appetite for digital audio increases, the Audio Group Head is expected to help lead our digital audio proposition and understand our digital audio strategy, raising both our profile and securing incremental revenue, whilst having a strong understanding of Bauer’s programmatic position through Octave.
- Drive airtime revenue and share of airtime spend across the hub agencies.
- Build, maintain and develop deep relationships with investment and partnership teams
- Create demand for digital audio through Octave.
- Activate and manage the trading deals alongside the Group Business Director working with the Group Commercial Director, the Director of Commercial Strategy and the Head of Commercial Insight to track spend levels, barter allowances and value usage. Ensure that the key deal metrics are met and our day-to-day service is fast, efficient and accurate
- Lead relationships with key personnel within the hub agencies identified through the contact strategy within the Collective Customer Strategies
- Evangelize Bauer’s audio proposition and position Bauer audio brands through engagement pieces within Collective agencies; presentations, inspiration sessions, education sessions and immersions in collaboration with the Group Business Director and Group Commercial Director
- Respond to incoming creative briefs in conjunction with the Account Director, Client and Adventure team.
- Sell creatively – look for intelligent solutions to issues and airtime trading. Pitch against other media and competitors proactively selling through creative ideas, informed by insight and research, led by the Collective Customer Strategies and underpinned by the Adventure Process
- Provide the Collective hub agencies with competitor reports, programming updates, RAJAR figures and all other ad-hoc requests
- Ensure S&P contracts are administered effectively, accurately and in a timely fashion
- Produce compelling PCAs in conjunction with the Account Directors/Managers to determine the impact and influence of creative and digital audio campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of Collective agencies and their clients with a core focus on investment teams to drive airtime spend, digital audio and partnership teams to drive S&P spend
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our competition along with the ability to talk confidently about the current developments in the market and company plans for the future
- Build understanding of the radio and digital audio markets and keep on top of all developments
- Knowledge of the media landscape with the ability to position radio contextually and effectively against other media channels – particularly other broadcast media
- Ensure all incoming creative briefs are fully interrogated, challenged and correctly prioritized for the business using the brief calculator, are inputted accurately into CRM, are tracked through to an effective conclusion and that the pipeline is accurate at all times in CRM
- Ensure the Adventure Process is correctly implemented on all incoming creative briefs
- Demonstrable proactivity in selling across Bauer brands and platforms to maximise revenue, informed by insight and research, responding in line with client requirements and the Adventure Process
- Attend all Collective deal surgeries to understand how the radio trading deals are performing and to identify issues and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with all Bauer commercial departments (Adventure, Programming, Marketing, Production, Insight, Client) in order to deliver class leading solutions and service for customers.
- Work with the GBD on coaching and development of all members of the team
- Lead the Collective audio team, ensuring all staff are delivering exceptional customer service through the efficient and accurate turnaround of briefs, pitches and proposals
- Ensure the team are clear on their stakeholding in the Collective Customer Strategies and implementation of the outlined objectives are tracked effectively
- Ensure team are put forward for Bauer recognition initiatives; Bauer Big Ups, Excellence Awards and Bauer Media Awards
- Assist the Group Business Director with all requested reporting attending regular 1-2-1’s with the required information
- Prepare weekly forecast figures and assist GBD with weekly reporting requirements
- Provide an ongoing analysis of Publicis agency spend patterns to identify opportunities to grow revenue
- Ensure Customer Strategies are kept fully up to date
- Ensure the team are logging all activity in CRM and the creative pipeline and Branded Content Calendar is accurate at all times
The Ideal Candidate
The Success Criteria
- Lead and develop the Collective audio team; Set clear KPIs, define tactics within the Customer Strategies and lead team to deliver against them; Weekly team meetings, 1-2-1s with direct reports to discuss progress and PDRs supported by the GBD to review annual performance
- Demonstrable collaborative behaviours with Client Leads and Creative Strategists
- Achieve the department revenue target, S&P and airtime targets
- Achieve the Collective revenue target – by quarter and annually
- Deliver market beating share of airtime spend
- Drive year on year growth in digital audio revenues
- Drive year on year improvement in brand count, campaign count, revenue and conversion rate for S&P
- Retention of key S&P partners – repeat partnership business
- New business wins in the S&P space
- Achieving Collective team and audio objectives outlined in the Customer Strategies
- Winning proactive pitches (aligned to key focus clients identified in the Customer Strategies)
- Deliver quality and consistency of engagement with key personnel outlined in Collective Customer Strategies – blue to red on agreed primary and secondary contacts.
- Demonstrable full and consistent use of CRM across the hub
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/