Audio Account Director
It’s the Audio Account Director’s responsibility to help our key media agency partners navigate and buy into our market leading portfolio of radio brands and audiences easily.
Focused on a distinct agency territory the main purpose of the role is to drive revenues through effective airtime trading, digital audio via Instream and selling creative solutions whilst building Bauer’s external reputation by ensuring that we are seen as a dynamic, collaborative, respected partner.
The Audio Account Director is responsible for driving demand for radio airtime, digital audio via Instream and S&P agency revenues.
The Audio Account Director reports to the Audio Group Head. They work closely with the Client Lead(s), and Creative Strategist(s) aligned to the hub to ensure the Customer Strategies and Adventure Process are implemented effectively in relation to audio.
While airtime trading, digital audio via Instream and audio-led creative solutions will be the core focus, the role also heavily involves selling cross-platform partnership opportunities across Bauer’s publishing and event platforms where appropriate. Furthermore, as the appetite for digital and digital audio increases, the candidate is expected to help lead our digital audio proposition, understand our digital audio strategy, raising both our profile in this space securing incremental revenue.
- Drive airtime revenue and share of airtime spend across the agency territory. Build, maintain and develop deep relationships with AV investment and partnership teams
- Work closely with the Audio Group Head to drive digital audio revenue via Instream, mirroring our consumer journey and incremental reach for airtime/creative opportunities
- Ensure and our day-to-day service is fast, efficient and accurate with exemplary attention to detail
- Lead relationships with personnel within the hub agencies identified through the contact strategy within the Customer Strategies
- Evangelize Bauer’s audio proposition and position Bauer audio brands through engagement pieces within the hub agencies; presentations, inspiration sessions, education sessions and immersions in collaboration with the Audio Group Head, Group Business Director and where relevant the Commercial Director
- Ensure Bauer audio brands are regularly presented and clearly understood by hub agency partnership and AV investment teams with all new developments communicated
- Ensure all new audio innovations and creative opportunities are effectively communicated and presented to relevant personnel within the hub agencies
- Respond to incoming creative partnership/S&P briefs in conjunction with the Client and Adventure team
- Sell creatively – look for intelligent solutions to issues and airtime trading. Cross selling and upselling wherever possible
- Pitch against other media and competitors proactively selling through creative ideas, informed by insight and research, led by the hub Customer Strategies and underpinned by the Adventure Process
- Ensure all incoming creative partnership briefs are fully interrogated, challenged and correctly prioritized for the business using the brief calculator, are inputted accurately into CRM and tracked through to an effective conclusion
- Ensure the Adventure Process is correctly implemented on all incoming creative partnership briefs
- Ensure all insight is collated effectively on receipt of a brief to help inform the brainstorm and that there is 100% involvement throughout the process
- Demonstrable proactivity in selling across Bauer brands and platforms to maximise revenue, informed by insight and research, responding in line with client requirements and the Adventure process.
- Attend all hub deal surgeries to understand how the radio trading deal is performing and to identify issues and opportunities
- Understand individual stake holding in the hub Customer Strategies ensuring all tactics are activated in a timely and effective manner
- Work collaboratively with all Bauer commercial departments (Adventure, Programming, Marketing, Production, Insight, Client) in order to deliver class leading solutions and service for customers
- Ensure S&P contracts are administered effectively, accurately and in a timely fashion in conjunction with the Audio Group Head
- Create compelling PCAs following the implementation of partnerships/S&P clearly articulating the impact and influence of the campaign. Produced in conjunction with the Audio Group Head
- Assist the Audio Group Head with all requested reporting attending regular 1-2-1’s with the required information
- Provide an ongoing analysis of agency spend patterns to identify opportunities to grow revenue
- Ensure Customer Strategies are kept fully up to date and all relevant tactics are actioned and updated
- Liaise with the Head of Digital audio to provide regular forecasts and articulate the activity of the agency territory
- Log all activity in CRM and ensure that the creative pipeline is accurate at all times by closing won/lost opportunities on the system
- Knowledge of the hub agencies and their clients with a focus on AV investment teams to drive airtime spend/digital audio and partnership teams to drive S&P spend
- Develop and maintain a firm understanding of our competition along with the ability to talk confidently about the current developments in the media market
- Build understanding of the radio and digital audio markets and keep on top of all developments
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of/ability to work with tier 1 media agencies
- A demonstrable passion for media, audio and digital audio
- Established relationships with AV teams and/or partnership teams
- A strong consultative sales approach with proven ability in trading airtime and selling creative partnership opportunities
- A true team-player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident presentation skills, with the ability to engage both internal and external audiences
- Firm understanding of rival media channels, audio and digital audio
- Strong knowledge of all Bauer Media’s radio and digital audio brands
- Experience working with CRM and Microsoft Office with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrates the Bauer Media Values
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/