Ad Operations Manager
Octave Audio is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a new ambitious and growing organisation with a passion for capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the audio world. Octave is jointly owned by Bauer Media & News UK that is also home to Wireless, both leading media companies boasting independent local and national radio stations. These include stations such as Absolute, Kiss, talkSport, Virgin Radio etc. Accompany this scale with data from News UK’s national publications including The Times and The Sun, Octave offers a truly unique audio advertising opportunity to advertisers.
Programmatic and direct advertising plays a major part in realising success across digital audio. The Ad Operations team is at the heart of this. As the ad technology experts, we use both our knowledge of systems and the enormous amounts of data generated to deliver world class solutions with the goal of maximising revenue potential across audio IPs.
The focus of your role
- Foster innovation and thought leadership in workflow, systems and process development to improve operational efficiency.
- Mentoring junior members of the team with day-to-day management, bug fixes to code and leading by example with customer service.
- Recruitment / Training / Performance management of the Digital Ad Ops team.
- Develop and maintain a continuous business improvement culture. Continual analysis and improvement of workflow, procedures and process.
- Manage external partnerships/vendors and contracts. Maintain an active presence with service and systems providers and industry groups.
- Delivery and management of digital audio advertising campaigns across the Octave portfolio.
- Campaign management, delivery, and analysis and reporting against agreed SLAs for direct and programmatic campaigns.
- Working as part of a team, in a fast changing, sometimes pressured environment, to deliver against tight deadlines.
- Liaising with various ad and creative agencies, ad platform and solution providers to deliver advertising solutions.
- Work with the sales teams to respond to high revenue briefs.
- Work with the sales teams to build pro-active briefs, using previous campaign knowledge.
- Ad operations team management and mentorship, through weekly 121’s.
- Support the sales teams with any technical specifications.
- In-flight optimisation of digital advertising campaigns to ensure optimum delivery of premium and programmatic inventory.
- Aiding the team to troubleshoot campaigns and tags.
- Complete month end processes to support our internal teams.
- Ensure quality by enforcing standard policies and procedures.
- Working with the parent development and product teams to ensure the Octave strategy is aligned.
- Holding the relationship with the ad tech vendors to ensure we can maximise support.
- Aid investigations to resolve delivery/performance issues.
- Liaise as required with third party ad product suppliers, creative agencies and advertisers.
- Support business stakeholders with intelligence and insights to aid strategic decision making.
- Review and provide feedback on new processes, product, and tool releases that will improve operational efficiencies.
- Reviewing the ad serving processes to resolve technical bugs.
- Ensure all development updates & technical specifications are published and regularly updated.
- Working with the wider Operations team to help QA ad technology releases. Roll out and operationalize new processes and best practices to the rest of the ad operations team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Specialist in publisher ad technology with experience working with major publisher ad servers. Audio ad servers would be a bonus.
- Solid understanding of the programmatic advertising ecosystem and digital inventory management.
- Significant experience working with multiple technology platforms, SSPs, DSPs, DMPs etc.
- Expert in monetisation partners and inventory management at a large publisher
- Proven track record in analysing digital media portfolio profitability
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective verbal and written communicator with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally with key strategic partners.
- Strong organizational, time management, written and communication skills.
- Ideal candidate is someone who possesses the ability to take initiative and drive projects with minimal supervision.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven, creative energetic and passionate
- You have a desire to learn and grow within the role.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/